Students who have recently completed their A-Levels, STPM or SPM examinations and who intend to pursue tertiary courses at Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) member institutions are invited to apply for the NST-MAPCU Scholarship Fund.
Please apply directly to the member institution of your choice. There is no official closing date. The scholarship will be available until it has been offered.
Details of Scholarship
* The value of each scholarship shall be RM7,000 or more by way of waiver of tuition fee.
* All courses must be undertaken and completed in Malaysia.
* The scholarships are for different types of courses in terms of disciplines and levels.
* Scholarships available are for the following levels of study :
o Degree courses
o Diploma and Higher Diploma courses
* The duration of courses range from 1 to 4 years
* Students are allowed to apply to more than one institution but only one scholarship offer will be made.
* The scholarship programme will be for intakes in 2007, subjected to availability
* Applicants may apply to participating institutions based on their forecast result. However the award of scholarship shall only be made on receipt of the detail results.
To be eligible for the scholarship programme, applicants must meet the following general requirements:
* Applicants must be Malaysian citizens.
* Applicants must possess good academic results in SPM/‘O’ Level, UEC and/or STPM/‘A’ Level examinations or equivalent.
* Applicants must qualify to gain admission to the participating institution for the relevant course.
* Applicants must be active in sports and/or co-curricular activities.
* Applicants must possess leadership qualities and be self motivated.
* Applicants must be financially deserving.
* Applicants must not already be in receipt of any scholarships, financial aid or award from other educational institutions or organizations.
* Applicants must abide by the terms and conditions of the NST-MAPCU Scholarship Programme.
* Applicants must abide by all other terms and conditions of the awarding institution, including any bond required.
How To Apply?
To obtain an application form, submit a stamped (40 cents) self-addressed envelope (25cm x 30cm) to:
NST-MAPCU Scholarship Secretariat
c/o Monash University Malaysia
No. 2 Jalan Kolej
46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Mr. Phang Koon Tuck / Ms. Loke Bee Khum
Tel: +6 03 5636 0600
Fax: +6 03 5631 2580